Things to Do
Making an ancient style earthenware pottery
This museum exhibits a national treasure clay figure made about 3500 years ago. You can try your hand at making a miniature jomon earthenware vessel. Jomon is a straw-rope pattern. You will learn pottery making in the same manner as ancient times.
DATA 1Hakodate Jomon Culture Center
- Access from
- 115 minutes walk from Sangyokaikan-mae bus stop.
- April - October; 9:00 am - 5:00 pm, November - March; 9:00 am - 4:30 pm, closed every Monday(closed the next day if Monday are national holidays), & last Friday, New Year's holiday and occasional holidays for refiling.
- 551-1 Usujiricho, Hakodate
- 0138-25-2030 To call from abroad to Hakodate
- Entrance Fee
- Admission: 300 yen (adults), Material cost for pottery making; 350 yen